We are challenging all New Orleanians to get involved in the largest rebuilding effort in the country by joining this revolutionary movement. In order to sustain the progress that has been made, the community must be engaged, informed, and involved.
Can I get some general information about K-12 public education in New Orleans? [more info]
How can I get involved?
- Read the latest State of Public Education in New Orleans and State of Public Education in Louisiana reports. [more info]
- Sign up here for email updates from the Cowen Institute.
- Lead a school. Interested in being a principal? New Leaders for New Schools is a great place to start.
- Teach at a school. Interesting in being a teacher? Tulane’s Teacher Preparation and Certification Program, teachNOLA, and The New Teacher Project are great places to start.
- Internships [more info]
- Mentor opportunities [more info]
- Long term projects in the community [more info]
Be an advocate
- Join our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter! Connect with people in your community who are passionate about education.
- Advocate on behalf of the city’s students to the Legislature. By signing up for the Cowen Institute’s legislative updates we can help you stay better informed on important issues affecting education.
Support education reform
- Donate: The Cowen Institute is currently seeking financial support for a number of specific initiatives and programs. Click here for more information.