Tulane University is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to excellence through diversity. All eligible candidates are invited to apply for position vacancies as appropriate.
Intern with the Institute
A description of sample internship projects can be found here: Cowen Institute Internships
You can be a part of the exciting education reform movement in New Orleans through an internship with the Cowen Institute. As an intern you will:
- Understand the complexities of public education in New Orleans including a charter public school system
- Get practical and theoretical training in education research and policy
- Work closely with the Cowen Institute staff
- Gain experience applicable towards careers or graduate school
- Earn credit toward graduation or fulfill your public service graduation requirements
The Cowen Institute will support Advanced Placement classes at four public high schools in New Orleans as part of its college readiness initiatives. Classes include AP Calculus, Chemistry, English Literature, English Language, Biology, and Statistics. We need you to assist with AP tutoring and/or mentoring students on the college admission process. Sign up here or call 504-274-3680 for more information.