The Chief Operating Officer (COO) drives both transformation and stability at the Cowen Institute. A full time employee, the COO will bring effective leadership and stewardship of the planning for all programs and services of CI. Program planning and the development of new initiatives made great progress in FY2014. The COO is a cultivator and integrator of those efforts with demonstrated impact. Additionally, the COO will continue the efforts to build quality programs and connections that meet the needs of young people in New Orleans and develop the brand, capacity, and impact of CI.
The Chief Operating Officer will operationalize the CI strategic plan and resulting work plans into effective action with systems and structures to support and measure progress and assure alignment with the annual budget.
- Minimum of 10 years of executive leadership including budget development and oversight, staff management and supervision, and fundraising
- Minimum of 5 years of program development experience including program design,
- performance management, and program implementation and evaluation
- Minimum of 5 years of managing and developing staff, including senior level staff
- Can point to tangible examples of reporting and program measurement
- Demonstrates integrity, strives for excellence in her/his work, and has experience of leading others to new levels of effectiveness and programmatic impact
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Track record of effectively leading an organization with complex array of programs with the ability to leverage strengths across program areas; excellent project management skills
- Comfortable working with diverse groups
- Strong meeting facilitation skills
- Ability to point to specific examples of having led organizational transformation and program development
- Passionate about CI’s mission and able to promote and communicate the philosophy, mission and values of CI to external and internal stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Familiarity with key secondary and post-secondary education, workforce development, and economic development stakeholders in New Orleans and Louisiana
- We prefer experience in the youth development and urban educational reform space
- Knowledge of the education reform landscape and public school governance in New Orleans and nationally
- Understanding of educational research and knowledge use issues in public education
- Master’s Degree
Click here to apply.