The Cowen Institute is an action-oriented think tank that informs and advances public education in New Orleans. Through research, policy and advocacy, programs, and partnerships, we strive to eliminate the challenges impeding the success of K-12 public education in New Orleans. By leveraging Tulane’s human, intellectual, political, financial, and social capital, we are pioneering a role for universities to interact with K-12 public education systems in their respective communities. Our work is focused in the following areas: Applied Research, Public Policy and Advocacy, Civic Engagement, and College/Career Readiness Programs.
You can be a part of the exciting education reform movement in New Orleans through an internship with the Cowen Institute. As an intern you will:
- Learn about the Cowen Institute, our mission, and our role in education reform
- Understand the complexities of public education in New Orleans including a charter public school system
- Get practical and theoretical training in education research and policy
- Work closely with the Cowen Institute staff
- Earn credit toward graduation
Internship Application: Summer/Fall 2013
Download the Summer/Fall 2013 Cowen Institute internship application here. Please submit your completed application and any attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to 200 Broadway St., Suite 108, New Orleans, LA 70118. You will be notified of acceptance following the application end date.
Don’t delay—Internship positions are limited!