What is the impact of this program for teachers, administrators, and schools?
- Providing school leaders with the resources and training needed to change the culture in their schools to one that focuses on high expectations and college readiness
- Identifying master AP teachers to help guide vertical teams in their relevant subject matter on a path to academic achievement for students
- Providing ongoing formal and informal training opportunities for school counselors and AP & Pre-AP teachers
- Supporting collaborations between high school and middle school teachers to coordinate preparation of students for success in AP classes
- Offering financial incentives to teachers to support additional responsibilities in extra training and teaching AP; additional stipends are available for each qualifying scores achieved by students in their eligible AP classes
For additional information please contact Alex Hand at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 504-274-3684.